For many, the word Bachelor Pad evokes an image of a big entertainment center, big leather sofas and a fully stocked bar. But what if you have a small space or a single room studio to use as a bachelor pad? Believe me, you can still do plenty, by creating distinct spaces for sleeping, entertainment and work.In this article, we will discuss several Bachelor Pad Ideas you can use to make up for small space, with style.
How Can I Decorate My Small Bachelor Apartment?
Even a small studio space can be made to look like two room bachelor pad (bedroom and living room) with proper layout and decor. If your house is just one room with no walls, here are several great ideas for your inspiration that will help you turn your single room studio into a dream bachelor pad.
What Should A Bachelor Pad Have?
1. Get a sofa or couch for having an interesting discussion with friends, parties or watching TV. Leather sofas or leather chairs look cool and should be included in every bachelor pad. If you can afford it, stick to leather vintage accents, like in the picture below.
However, if you are on a budget or have a small space, you can keep that comfortable couch you used to have in your old room.
2. What is a bachelor pad without space for an entertainment center? Yes, you would like to have a pool party at your own home pad. However, it is not possible for everyone, especially for those who are short of space or on a budget to have a pool. Instead, you can get a dart board which can be directly screwed to the wall.
3. The next obvious thing to have in your bachelor pad is a bar cabinet. You can invite the guys over to watch a game or crack open a bottle of whiskey. This is likely to be the center of attention when you call your friends for parties.
4. However, if you don’t have money and space but still want to look cool and have fun, invest in a drinks trolley.
5. You can also invest in vintage style cocktail table instead, as in the picture below
How Do You Decorate A Bachelor Room?
If you are looking for bachelor pad design ideas, let’s talk about the color of your walls first.
6. Drop the old school thought of neutral colors for a masculine look. Instead go for warm, dark color for a modern style. If your pad is big enough to have a separate living room, choose a dark warm masculine color for the back wall, like red. If your pad is small, then lighter color shades will make a small space look bigger. You can have a mix of color with one wall painted dark. Here are some ideas for your apartment wall:
7. Painting two different tones or colors is the most inexpensive and simple way to create a separation in a small space single room bachelor pad.
8. Turn a single room small bachelor pad into two room home with this ingenious hack that turns two PAX closet doors into a built-in room divider that glides across a ceiling track.
Wall decorating ideas for your pad
9. Hang your bike on the wall.
A bike on the wall in a bachelor pad living room looks cool! Also, you don’t have to worry about bike theft.
10. Hang your guitar on the wall
Do you play guitar? Hanging it on the wall adds to the style of your place and reflects your personality and also saves space if you are living in a small bachelor pad.
11. If you don’t have a bike or play guitar, here are some more ideas to give your home a stylish look. Add abstract art pictures on your walls.
12. Or to bring uniqueness and style to your walls, add a series of pictures which will not break your bank, yet will not leave the wall naked. Selected art items look great against dark colored walls.
13. You can add a subtle industrial guy style feel to your bachelor bedroom by using brick walls on half of the wall near the headboard.
Lighting Ideas For a bachelor Pad
One of the important aspects of interior design, along with wall colors, is the use of light for the rooms. There are a lot of inexpensive lamps that are available like the ones below that will give your bedroom a warm cozy appearance.
14. For living room light you can choose one of the following.
Vintage Industrial looking lamp with touch control perfect for the bedroom or living room
14W LED Floor Lamps with Reading Light Craft
Also remember, you want as much natural light as possible in the day time. It’s important as it gives your pad a light inviting look.
Items To Add To Your Bachelor Pad To Make It Feel Like Home
15. Floor rug: For a small room a rug may not be necessary, but if you have a big space, adding a stylish rug to the floor will change the look of our room
16. Add a masculine-looking shelf to show off your books and CD/DVD collection or awards you have received. This will also create a divider wall for a single room apartment
Bachelor Pad Bedroom Design Ideas
17. The bachelor pad does not have to feel cold and sterile. If you have the money to spend, add a velvet or faux fur to your bedroom style.
The bedroom picture above shows a floating bed dressed with Calvin Klein linens
Here are some bachelor pad bedroom design ideas for inspiration:
18. This bachelor bedroom below, creates a masculine vibe through the use of shades of black, grey and white. The big windows flood the space with natural light as well.
19. This relaxing bachelor pad bedroom design, is perfect for men who enjoy both urban and imagination planes as the room overlooks the city below.
20. When space is limited even adding a raw piece of wood as a headboard, adds to great design; as is evident in the above bedroom. The retractable bed creates a manly vibe and space for creativity.
21. See the picture below for an interesting idea to turn the basement into a bachelor pad bedroom with geometric pattern designs and a bike artwork on the wall.
Bachelor Pad Kitchen Ideas
As a single man, it is easy to get sucked into the habit of ordering pizza and eating on the couch beside the coffee table, while watching the TV. However, to have a healthy body and mind you should keep yourself equipped with kitchen items to whip up quick meals and dinners, especially if you are calling friends often.
22. As your space is limited, this sleek design can be a great use of your small space.
23. Check out the for the necessary bachelor pad kitchen items below so that you don’t be caught empty handed when whipping up your signature dish for friends or special someone.
Cutting board: Grab a few of these to keep it separated for veggies and fruits and other for meat products to save time and avoid contamination.
Chef’s knife: Combined with a paired knife and a serrated knife for bread, a chef’s knife completes the trio that guys should always have handy for their bachelor pad to impress friends or girlfriend with their culinary skill.
Cast Iron Skillet – That’s what your mother and grandmother have used and it works great for almost anything like making omelets, frying pancakes, browning meat or caramelizing veggies.
Get a one cup coffee brewer for your daily morning energy boost for a perfect start of the day in your bachelor pad.
I hope you now have enough ideas for bachelor room designs, furniture and other items you will need to move into your first ever bachelor pad, to make it the home of your dreams.
Remember, it is always important to think about what you will need to reflect your style and personality to make the best of the limited space available in your home space.