Your decor and four-poster bed, are not the only things that create a statement for your room. In fact, a stylish headboard can easily complete and transform the overall feel of your private space! You can design one on your own, look for vintage-y ones in flea markets, or raid a nearby Home Depot, in search of that perfect glam headboard your bedroom badly needs. To give you a headstart, we have plenty of headboard ideas for master bedroom to get your creative juices started.
1. Go for a classic headboard design. You can build an upholstered headboard on your own with this video tutorial. With some carpentry and sewing skills, you can create one by making it a weekend project. Or you may simply browse through a nearby home improvement shop or online site. This classic arched silhouette design below from Better Homes, is made of linen and designed with nail heads to deliver that cozy punch.
2. For a bachelor’s pad or open-floor plan home units, a simple and natural approach is quintessential in maintaining harmony yet individuality of space. You can deliver dramatic flair by adding a floor-to-ceiling headboard design, that is simple and neutral. This natural wood in an all-white bedroom, for instance, helps distinguish the sleeping area from the rest of the room without disrupting fluidity of design.
3. Go all out with an exotic flair. This Lunarable Ikat Headboard for queen size beds, is a perfect add-on. It does not only add texture to the whole bedroom design element, but also creates a unique ethnic touch. Some may even want to go with a four-panel screen with Asian carvings and the like.
4. Let your DIY and carpentry skills unite with your sense of creativity and adventure by using salvaged materials for a headboard. Got old doors, shutters, crates, windows, a gate, a mirror and so on? Reclaim it. Brighten it up with glorious spray paint. Decorate it with funky beads, string lights or what-have-you. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. This old archway, for instance, creates a whimsical look for a master bedroom headboard. This is one of the headboard ideas for master bedroom where your creativity can really shine.
5. Go the artistic way with artwork as a headboard. A starry night painting hung just over the bed, with framed blown-up photos and mementos, plus other whimsical pieces, can make a dramatic headboard and add more personality to your private space. A cheaper way is to add a sticker-decal like this Romantic Flower Vine Headboard Bedroom Wall Decal.
6. Choose a rustic or vintage design. A reclaimed door or shutters, can add a hint of brusqueness to an erstwhile muted space. These Rustic Mix Headboards from BarnWalls, can be installed easily and transform your bed into a rustic piece. Vintage signs can also be reclaimed to create an interesting piece.
7. Go coastal or country chic. Create a beach house vibe or English cottage ambiance, right at your bedroom with shutters or go for barn stuff. An old barn door,crate or barn gate, can also be repurposed to create a whimsical country chic design for your master bedroom.
8. Make it functional. A headboard that doubles as a storage shelf for books and other decorative elements in your bedroom, is a wise choice. Aside from adding more drama to your room, it also maximizes storage space. Headboard ideas for master bedroom with storage, are always a good idea to maximize your space.
These headboard ideas for master bedroom definitely rock! There are just so many for you to choose from and knowing what’s best for your space is all a matter of personal preference. When it comes to revamping your master bedroom, the idea is to always go for a design that can relax and recharge the mind. Keep in mind that this space is designed to serve as your oasis after a day of toil and battling stressors. Keep it in such a way that the moment you step inside, your aura gets into the groove for pampering and serenity.
You may be interested in: 7 Timeless Twin Girl Bedroom Ideas